Driving Tips for the Holidays
Be Safe--Read This
The holiday season is an exciting time when family and friends get together. At Anderson Behel of Santa Clara, we’re asking you to be safe this year while driving and we’re offering you several tips on how to make your holiday travel safer.
Drivers can protect themselves and their passengers by following these holiday travel rules from Anderson Behel.
• Before you start your trip, make sure your vehicle is tuned up and in good shape for travel. (This is especially important for winter driving conditions.)
• Restrain yourself and your passengers properly in seat belts and car safety seats.
• Remember, the rear seat is the safest place for children of any age to ride.
• Be flexible in setting your travel plans. Leave early if you can to avoid the peak traffic hours.
• If snow is predicted during the time you plan to travel, change your schedule. It is better to reschedule your get-together than to risk the lives of traveling family or friends.
• Stay fresh and alert when driving. Take several of breaks and do not push yourself to meet an unrealistic schedule. If you get tired, pull off the road into a rest area or business, or get out of the car for some fresh air.
• Keep your speed down. Give yourself plenty of time and distance to react to the traffic around you. Let impatient and aggressive drivers pass you or go through the intersection ahead of you so that you control the situation.
• Do not pass if you cannot see enough ahead to pass safely.
• If there will be drinking at your holiday get-together, choose a designated driver who will remain alcohol free.
• Because driving requires your full attention, pull off the road if you have to use your cellular phone.
Happy Holidays from everyone at Anderson Behel, the premier place for San Jose automotive repairs.