Many people will travel to visit loved ones for the Thanksgiving holiday and the American Red Cross has travel tips holiday travelers can follow to arrive safely at their destination. At Anderson Behel, we want you to have a safe and sober Thanksgiving, so here are some helpful tips: · Make sure the vehicle is in good working order.
· Start out with a full tank of gas, check the tire air pressure and make sure the windshield fluid is full.
· Buckle up, slow down, don’t drive impaired. Designate a driver who won’t drink.
· Be well rested and alert.
· Use caution in work zones.
· Give one’s full attention to the road. Avoid distractions such as cell phones.
· Observe speed limits – driving too fast or too slow can increase the chance of being in a collision.
· Make frequent stops. During long trips, rotate drivers. If the driver is tired, stop and get some rest.
· Be respectful of other motorists and follow the rules of the road.
· Don’t follow another vehicle too closely.
· Clean the vehicle’s headlights, taillights, signal lights and windows.
· Turn the headlights on as dusk approaches, or if using windshield wipers due to inclement weather.
· Don’t overdrive the headlights.
· If car trouble develops, pull off the road as far as possible.
· It’s also recommended to keep an emergency preparedness kit in the vehicle. Useful items include water, snacks, a flashlight, first aid kit, extra cash and blankets.
With today’s sophisticated cars, it’s more important than ever that your body shop be certified to repair your type of vehicle. At Anderson Behel, Silicon Valley’s leading collision repair company, we’re proud to hold several certifications, which means we’re a Honda Certified Body Shop, Acura Authorized Body Shop, Nissan Authorized Body Shop, Subaru Auto Body Shop and most recently a Porsche Collision Center. What does this mean? At Anderson Behel, we’ve invested in the finest training, equipment and tools to do an O.E. repair on each and every Honda, Porsche Acura, Nissan and Subaru that comes into our shop. Why not work with a body shop that is qualified, experienced and certified by the carmaker itself to work on your car? It just makes good sense and that’s why we proudly tell the world that we’re certified on these 5 leading brands.