Back-to-School Safety Tips
Common Sense Leads the Way
It’s back-to-school time! If you’re sending your little ones off for school for the very first time, you know that this is a stressful moment in life. At Anderson Behel, we have kids too- so we’re aware of this trying time and that’s why we’re happy to offer you these simple back-to-school safety tips:
· Walk the school route along with your children before the first day of school to make sure it is safe and your child knows the route.
· When you can’t walk with your children, encourage them to walk with a friend.
· Encourage your kids to avoid short cuts unless they have been pre-approved.
· Tell your children to stay observant and aware of their surroundings as they walk. If they think they are being followed, they should immediately go to a trusted adult and tell them.
· Make sure your child knows what to do if they think they are in danger – they should yell “help” or “you are not my mom/dad” and run to the nearest business or back to school.
· Tell your child, if a stranger asks them questions, they should not get close to the car. Make sure they know to never get in a car with a stranger – anyone the kids and parents don’t know or know very well.
· Establish a code word with your child to identify a person as a trusted adult.
· Make sure your child knows they should never go near any adult they don’t personally know who asks for assistance. Some “bad” adults might ask for help or even claim they are looking for a lost puppy.
· Make sure your children know who is a trusted adult: law enforcement, store owners, or a teacher, to name a few.
· Tell your child that if they are ever in a situation that makes them uncomfortable, they have the right to say no, loud and clear.
With today’s sophisticated cars, it’s more important than ever that your body shop be certified to repair your type of vehicle. At Anderson Behel, Silicon Valley’s leading collision repair company, we’re proud to hold several certifications, which means we’re a Honda Certified Body Shop, Acura Authorized Body Shop, Nissan Authorized Body Shop, Subaru Auto Body Shop and most recently a Porsche Collision Center. What does this mean? At Anderson Behel, we’ve invested in the finest training, equipment and tools to do an O.E. repair on each and every Honda, Porsche Acura, Nissan and Subaru that comes into our shop. Why not work with a body shop that is qualified, experienced and certified by the carmaker itself to work on your car? It just makes good sense and that’s why we proudly tell the world that we’re certified on these 5 leading brands.