5 Things that Can Damage Your Car's Paint
Keep it Clean and Super Pristine!
You love your car and you work hard to take care of it. Protecting the paint is a big part of that, so here are some tips to steer you right, because when it comes to your paint getting damaged, these are the top five offenders.
At Anderson Behel in Santa Clara, CA, we use the finest automotive paint available in the world today and have the best paint technicians to apply it. Once our customers see the finished product, they just say WOW and of course, they want to protect the paint as much as they possibly can.
Take a look at these 5 things that could be doing damage to the exterior of your vehicle:
1. Coffee & Soda contain acids that are harmful to your vehicles paint job. Anytime you spill them on your car, make sure to wipe it off immediately and don’t let it just sit there!
2. Insects can enamel themselves to your car and if you don’t deal with them pronto, they can actually become a part of your paint job.
3. Gasoline is nearly impossible to completely remove once it has set in. If you get gas on your car while fueling, wipe gas off the paint with an instant detailer and a microfiber cloth asap.
4. Bird Poop is another thing that has acidic properties, so don’t let it sit on your automobile’s paint for days.
5. Sprinklers leave water spots that it leaves on your car can get baked in by the sun and become impossible to remove.
The key to keeping your car’s paint job smooth and shiny is to be aware of all these common elements that can do it harm. Regularly wash your car and always make sure to dry it as well so streaking doesn’t occur. And finally, remember that accidents happen. No automobile is perfect, so just enjoy the ride!
With today’s sophisticated cars, it’s more important than ever that your body shop be certified to repair your type of vehicle. At Anderson Behel, Silicon Valley’s leading collision repair company, we’re proud to hold several certifications, which means we’re a Honda Certified Body Shop, Acura Authorized Body Shop, Nissan Authorized Body Shop, Porsche Authorized Body Shop and a Subaru Auto Body Shop.
What does this mean? At Anderson Behel, we’ve invested in the finest training, equipment and tools to do an O.E. repair on each and every Honda, Acura, Nissan, Porsche and Subaru that comes into our shop. Why not work with a body shop that is qualified, experienced and certified by the carmaker itself to work on your car? It just makes good sense and that’s why we proudly tell the world that we’re certified on these four leading brands.