10 More Fun Facts About Porsche
2. Porsche founder made the first hybrid car in the world, way back in 1899. Named, "Semper Vivus" the car was an electric car and the generator was created using an internal combustion motor.
3. "Semper Vivus," the first electric car that was built by the founder had brakes on all of its four wheels. Another world's first!
5. Porsche founder built the "Sascha" on request for, Austro-Daimler, who was a rich filmmaker. The car was much smaller than other cars but was a lot more powerful.
6. Ferdinand Porsche proved the point with "Sascha" that smaller cars are more successful when it comes to winning a race. The car won 43 races, which includes the 1922's Targa Florio, the legendary automobile race.
8. The year 1939 saw Ferdinand Porsche coming up with the fastest car on Earth of that time, the Mercedes-Benz type 80.
9. The Mercedes-Benz type 80 had a projected top speed of 470 mph. However, the record run was marked a quarter century later.
10. The horse on the Porsche Crest and the Ferrari Crest are similar. However, for Porsche, it makes a lot more sense as it is an integral part of Stuttgart, the home of Porsche.
With today’s sophisticated cars, it’s more important than ever that your body shop be certified to repair your type of vehicle. At Anderson Behel, Silicon Valley’s leading collision repair company, we’re proud to hold several certifications, which means we’re a Honda Certified Body Shop, Acura Authorized Body Shop, Nissan Authorized Body Shop, Subaru Auto Body Shop a Porsche Collision Center and most recently a Volvo certified shop. What does this mean? At Anderson Behel, we’ve invested in the finest training, equipment and tools to do an O.E. repair on each and every Honda, Porsche, Acura, Volvo, Nissan and Subaru that comes into our shop. Why not work with a body shop that is qualified, experienced and certified by the carmaker itself to work on your car? It just makes good sense and that’s why we proudly tell the world that we’re certified on some of the world's finest vehicles.